Flight supports collegiate students in their faith journey in God. It’s here to assist collegians fix their faith in Christ, grow in Christian community, and influence the world as Jesus did.

Contact Us

Email: flight@fcbc.org
Phone: (213) 687-0814
Address: 942 Yale Street,
Los Angeles, CA 90012
College Minister: Darren Lo
Facebook Group:
Instagram: @fcbc_flight

The Flight Crew

Darren Lo, Spencer Sun, Danny Orh, Kylie Liu, Bryan Guan, Hannah Wong, and Kayley Kong

Communicate to a Flight Crew member if there are Flight-related issues or concerns you wish to express.

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Lift Off! Summer Missions - Day 08


Day 08: Noel Wong
Senior, Cal State Fullerton

Missions Information
June 20 - July 29
East Asia
Organization: EPIC

How did God lead you to go on this trip?
Throughout college I always tried to avoid serving in East Asia because I had the fear of the natives speaking to me because I physically look native, but not being able to respond (because I can't speak the language).  The last EPIC conference I attended in the winter, focused on who we are as children of God and incorporating our ethnicity in the way we serve others.  I learned that our ethnic identity was a gift from God because our ethnic identity shapes our experiences and the way we view them.   Through that, we can relate with others of our same or of a similar ethnic identity.  It is something that God created to be useful and good, not something that would prevent us from serving Him or something that was going against us. I have learned to overcome that personal barrier and I am looking forward to the Lord using me and proving me wrong.

What will you be doing on this trip?
We will be meeting students by taking Mandarin and cultural classes and investing in them outside of class.

What are you looking forward to and what are you apprehensive about?
I am looking forward to learning how to serve to East Asians well and hopefully be able to apply those strategies when I come home. Going with what I said in question #1, I hope I do not let my fears of not being able to respond or communicate with the locals get in the way of serving them.

How can we pray for you?
Pray that language barriers will be broken. Pray for us when our team is caught up in uncomfortable situations we would be able to remember God's sacrifice for us.