Flight supports collegiate students in their faith journey in God. It’s here to assist collegians fix their faith in Christ, grow in Christian community, and influence the world as Jesus did.

Contact Us

Email: flight@fcbc.org
Phone: (213) 687-0814
Address: 942 Yale Street,
Los Angeles, CA 90012
College Minister: Darren Lo
Facebook Group:
Instagram: @fcbc_flight

The Flight Crew

Darren Lo, Spencer Sun, Danny Orh, Kylie Liu, Bryan Guan, Hannah Wong, and Kayley Kong

Communicate to a Flight Crew member if there are Flight-related issues or concerns you wish to express.

Friday, June 23, 2017

Lift Off! Summer Missions - Day 07


Day 07: Jenay Yuen
Junior, USC

Missions Information
June 16 - July 4
Uganda & Ethiopia
Organization: Rafiki Foundation

How did God lead you to go on this trip?
I feel like God was growing my heart in different aspects during college that led me to this trip. I began having opportunities to evangelize on campus, where I saw the power in sharing the gospel regardless of the seen results. God also began to refine my passion for medicine and the health field, showing me ways I can glorify Him as a physician. Finally, God used my fellowship to show me His heart for social justice, and how it is a natural response to the grace we experience in the gospel. When Rafiki Foundation gave us the opportunity to go on medical missions to Christian orphan villages in Uganda and Ethiopia, it just made sense to me, encompassing evangelism, medicine, and social justice.

What will you be doing on this trip?
We will be spending one week in Ethiopia and another in Uganda. During the mornings, I will be teaching science experiments to 3rd-9th graders. In the afternoon, I will be assisting my mother, an ophthalmologist, in checking the children's eyes. In the evening, we will be helping lead Bible studies.

What are you looking forward to and what are you apprehensive about?
I can't wait to return to Uganda, for I miss the children and missionaries. I am excited to continue building the relationships I developed last winter break with the children. We'll be serving at the Ethiopian orphan village for the first time, so I'm excited, but not sure what to expect.

How can we pray for you?
Pray for safety! We are bringing a lot of luggage (medical machinery, science experiments, and even musical instruments to donate), so pray that nothing gets lost as we transfer from different airports. Also, the orphan villages are not close to well-developed cities, so even pray for travels to and from the airport.
Pray for meaningful conversations with the children! From my trip to Uganda over winter break, I saw how there are no collegian leaders serving the villages. The people serving the orphan villages are usually married adults, so the children lack collegian missionaries to talk to. Pray that God can use me to show them what it means to follow Him post-high school and for great open conversations.
Pray for smooth medical screenings! One reason we are going back to Uganda is because some children had abnormal visions that required my mom to use an additional machine. However, the machine wouldn't work due to power issues, so we're going back with a different piece of equipment. Pray that it will work this time so we can follow up on these children.