Flight supports collegiate students in their faith journey in God. It’s here to assist collegians fix their faith in Christ, grow in Christian community, and influence the world as Jesus did.

Contact Us

Email: flight@fcbc.org
Phone: (213) 687-0814
Address: 942 Yale Street,
Los Angeles, CA 90012
College Minister: Darren Lo
Facebook Group:
Instagram: @fcbc_flight

The Flight Crew

Darren Lo, Spencer Sun, Danny Orh, Kylie Liu, Bryan Guan, Hannah Wong, and Kayley Kong

Communicate to a Flight Crew member if there are Flight-related issues or concerns you wish to express.

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Lift Off! Summer Missions - Day 09


Day 09 - Matthew Ng
Freshman, UC Santa Barbara

Missions Information:
June 27 - July 29
Middle East
Organization: Campus Crusade

How did God lead you to go on this trip?
During my first and second quarter of college, I didn't even think of going on summer missions. I was just expecting a relaxing summer of maybe doing summer school. But I happen to go on my fellowship's mens retreat where I was inspired by the speaker and older guys to go on missions. They encouraged me to go, as they told me their experiences which only spurred me on. I was also inspired by my older brother Ethan after he went on missions to East Asia last summer. It was amazing to see how God had worked in him and the team. I wanted to experience God like my brother did in missions helping other people have a chance to hear the gospel.

What will you be doing on this trip?
During this trip we will be mostly interacting with college students as we will be visiting two local campuses. We will try to build friendships with them so we can have more opportunities to share with them the Gospel. We will also be learning a little Turkish, be part of a small group bible study, and be part of personal and group evangelism.



What are you looking forward to and what are you apprehensive about?
I am looking forward to experiencing God on this trip and seeing how he works in me. I am looking forward to just seeing God's presence throughout our trip. I am apprehensive mostly about the safety of our team especially since there are some tensions in the Middle East.

How can we pray for you?
Courage and confidence in meeting people and bringing up the Gospel
Safety and good health of the team
To prepare the hearts of the people I will meet, that they will be open to talking