Flight supports collegiate students in their faith journey in God. It’s here to assist collegians fix their faith in Christ, grow in Christian community, and influence the world as Jesus did.

Contact Us

Email: flight@fcbc.org
Phone: (213) 687-0814
Address: 942 Yale Street,
Los Angeles, CA 90012
College Minister: Darren Lo
Facebook Group:
Instagram: @fcbc_flight

The Flight Crew

Darren Lo, Spencer Sun, Danny Orh, Kylie Liu, Bryan Guan, Hannah Wong, and Kayley Kong

Communicate to a Flight Crew member if there are Flight-related issues or concerns you wish to express.

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Lift Off! Summer Missions - Day 06


Day 06: Wendy Chuandra
Sophomore, Pasadena City College

Missions Information
July 1 - 9
Arizona Navajo Reservation
Organization: High School Missionary Team of FCBCLA

How did God lead you to go on this trip?
2016-2017 has been full of many hardships for me. However, God has given me peace and healing. I was also able to come out of these trials stronger and with a solid will to follow God for the rest of my life. God revealed His will for me to go on this missions trip to Arizona after I had a heart-to-heart with my then, non-Christian friend. During this time, God gave me the courage and sensitivity to evangelize to her and I connected with her because of my difficult experiences. I shared with her about how God has transformed me and about the hope I have in Him, despite all the difficulties that I have faced. This convinced her that God is worth following. After all of this, I took some time to reflect and pray. When I prayed, I realized that the experiences that I have had in my life can be utilized to connect with people and support them. I asked God what I should do with this information. He then put the Navajos in Arizona on my heart. I chose to go on this missions trip because I want to demonstrate to the Navajos the hope that I have in Jesus Christ as a Christian and evangelize to them. A lot of the Navajos come from broken families and have experienced grief, depression, and hurt, so I want to use the experiences that God has given me to help counsel them and be a light to them. I know God is going to do great things during this mission trip, and I am ecstatic to be a part of it.

What will you be doing on this trip?
We will be holding a Vacation Bible School at a local church on the reservation. I will be serving as a Small Group Leader for the teens class. I will be facilitating discussions and activities in a small group along with a partner.

What are you looking forward to and what are you apprehensive about?
I’m looking forward to interacting with the Navajo kids and teens. I hope I can really connect with them, support them, and be a light for God to them! I’m also excited to work together with everyone in the HSMT to help build God’s kingdom. I am a bit worried about the environment and living conditions in Arizona because when I went to Arizona with HSMT during my senior in High school, I got a lot of annoying bug bites all over my body. I hope it’s not as bad this year!

How can we pray for you?
Please pray that my heart will be in tune with God's. That I will not do what I want, but that I would follow what God wants me to do to effectively minister to the Navajos. Please pray that I would be able to effectively shower the Navajos with God's love and that I would be a good example to them.Also, this summer will be busy for me because I am also going to be serving as a counselor for FCBC's youth summer camp in August. So please pray that God will sustain me and provide me with the energy I need to handle everything that's on my plate.