Flight supports collegiate students in their faith journey in God. It’s here to assist collegians fix their faith in Christ, grow in Christian community, and influence the world as Jesus did.

Contact Us

Email: flight@fcbc.org
Phone: (213) 687-0814
Address: 942 Yale Street,
Los Angeles, CA 90012
College Minister: Darren Lo
Facebook Group:
Instagram: @fcbc_flight

The Flight Crew

Darren Lo, Spencer Sun, Danny Orh, Kylie Liu, Bryan Guan, Hannah Wong, and Kayley Kong

Communicate to a Flight Crew member if there are Flight-related issues or concerns you wish to express.

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Lift Off! Summer Missions - Day 10


Day 10 - Kristy Leung
Senior, Cal State Fullerton

Missions Information
June 19 - August 2
Location: Philippines
Organization: InterVarsity

How did God lead you to go on this trip?
It has been a long process of discernment. In the beginning, I was set on going back to Thailand with our church and even co-leading with Rochelle. However, I heard someone give a short pitch about this trip and for the next week, it was constantly on my heart. It was not because I was just thinking about it; it was a different feeling. I have no ties with the Philippines. Because of that, I started to pray about it. Overtime, I felt called to let go of my own plans (Thailand) and felt called to go. At the start of this semester, I was offered a job at my internship as an Occupational Therapist Aide, which rarely happens because most people get certified. I was so torn because I felt like this opportunity was also from God, so I started asking the Lord for guidance. If I took the job, that would mean I probably could not step away for the summer. Eventually, it did not work out, so I felt like God closed that door. I choose to go on this missions trip because I feel called and a deep sense of peace despite the uncomfortable. I wanted to go on a longer trip to allow God to use me and to be transformed while serving the church in Philippines. I hope to gain a better sense of God’s heart for the global church and for the lost outside of our bubble.

What will you be doing on your missions trip?
We will be assigned to different sites and will partner with local churches there. I do not know what site I am at yet, but it could be working with children, the elderly, women, etc. We will engage and live life with them and hopefully through interacting, we could be a light especially in the chaos and instability in parts of the country at the moment. I hope to also be able to be an encouragement to the brothers and sisters there. I hope to also learn from them and get a better sense of how I can interact and pray for the global church.

What are you looking forward to? What are you apprehensive about?
I am looking forward to seeing what God will do in my own life and how He will use me in these six weeks. I am excited and nervous at the same time because I know that being uncomfortable will not be easy, but I also know that transformation does not come easy. I am excited to be able to learn from brothers and sisters as I serve and live life with them. I am apprehensive mainly about the weather (I hate the heat+humidity) and also the bug bites.

How can we pray for you?
Please be praying that the Lord will soften my heart as I go and that my heart will continue to be aligned with His. Pray that my pride will not get in the way of asking for prayer or even turning to the Lord when I am frustrated. Pray that when I see the brokenness of this world, that I will learn to lament and to find hope in the Lord. Pray that I may be transformed and molded into a woman of God as I come back.