Flight supports collegiate students in their faith journey in God. It’s here to assist collegians fix their faith in Christ, grow in Christian community, and influence the world as Jesus did.

Contact Us

Email: flight@fcbc.org
Phone: (213) 687-0814
Address: 942 Yale Street,
Los Angeles, CA 90012
College Minister: Darren Lo
Facebook Group:
Instagram: @fcbc_flight

The Flight Crew

Darren Lo, Spencer Sun, Danny Orh, Kylie Liu, Bryan Guan, Hannah Wong, and Kayley Kong

Communicate to a Flight Crew member if there are Flight-related issues or concerns you wish to express.

Sunday, July 7, 2019

2019 Thailand Missions - Happy July 4!


Ni Hao! We have safely arrived at Chiang Rai and had just finished our first day of teaching at a local school in Mae Sai. As chaotic (in a good way) as our trip has been, we can't help but think that our time is almost up in Thailand. Our team has been experiencing how Jesus' love can overcome every generation and cultural difference. While at the same time bringing to light just how many are still lost. A verse that came to mind recently is Psalms 77:11-12 which reads, "I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes I will remember your wonders of old. I will ponder all your work, and meditate on your mighty deeds." As we come closer to actually leaving, a part of me feels as if I hadn't done enough. but I want to keep in mind this work is not for me to do alone, it has all been possible because of God who strengthens and guides me.

Wednesday Happenings:

 - We were able to get a little more shut eye in the morning since we had finished debrief well into the night before hand after a long day of food prep and shopping the day before.
- We visited a new noodle place for lunch with Elisabeth before heading over to the Centre to begin our July 4th event preparations. 
- While all huddled into the kitchen downstairs, we had some fun laughs over conversation while cutting and washing ingredients to make the entrees of the night.
- Our menu consisted of starters with corn dogs and potato salad, entrees of your choice of bbq ribs, chicken drumstick, or wings, hotdogs, and baked mac & cheese. It ended with dessert of watermelon, homemade from scratch dark chocolate chip sea salt cookies, apple and mango cobbler รก la mode.
- I stayed behind to help Elisabeth with cooking while the rest of the team went upstairs to decorate and finish planning the activities for the night.


- The team was able to interact with the students in the middle of the day before the event started. (Praise the Lord for answered prayers! We had been praying for the possibility for having more students come and hopefully for the the event especially.)
- Lastly, and probably most importantly, Jonny got to share his testimony after dinner to those who attended.


As busy as the day was, I had the chance to really get to know Elisabeth better along with Michelle while assisting mainly in the kitchen. As we were being both awkward and serious at the same time, I can't seem to get over how much I really enjoyed this time together. They were both so willing to share, and they demonstrated the love of Christ so extravagantly, it has me lost for words.  I was able to learn more about how marvelous our God is and how He has been--and is currently--working in their lives. It was a great time to learn some life tips and hear wise words/feedback on what I had experiencing in Thailand. I appreciated the way they simply listen to me beyond what I could describe and could even read between the lines of my simple observations as I shared.

Prayer requests:

  • Pray that the team can continue to press in with the Lord in moments of challenge, especially since we lack good rest. 
  • Please also pray that we will be dependent on the Lord and for the Gospel and love of Christ to be known as we minister in Chiang Rai.