Flight supports collegiate students in their faith journey in God. It’s here to assist collegians fix their faith in Christ, grow in Christian community, and influence the world as Jesus did.

Contact Us

Email: flight@fcbc.org
Phone: (213) 687-0814
Address: 942 Yale Street,
Los Angeles, CA 90012
College Minister: Darren Lo
Facebook Group:
Instagram: @fcbc_flight

The Flight Crew

Darren Lo, Spencer Sun, Danny Orh, Kylie Liu, Bryan Guan, Hannah Wong, and Kayley Kong

Communicate to a Flight Crew member if there are Flight-related issues or concerns you wish to express.

Sunday, July 14, 2019

2019 Arizona Missions - Matthew Wong


1. Why and/or how did God lead you to Arizona as a collegian?
God opened the door for me to go to Arizona by saying no to my selfish summer plan. Back in December/January I intended to get a paid internship for the summer so I could make money and also boost my resume as a business student. Throughout spring, I found out that these internships don’t want first year students and I didn’t know what to do for summer. As this was happening, some of the teens that I’ve spent time with during my previous Arizona trips were consistently messaging me and asking how I was. I began wondering if Arizona was an option for me and started to pray about it. Soon after, Frank texted me “Arizona?” And at that point I knew that was God working. I was reminded of all that I had learned from previous trips and from being in HSMT and I felt God’s heart and love for the Navajo.
2. How is it different going as a collegian to Arizona?
I think this year was the first time that I had felt God calling me to Arizona because of His love for the Navajo.  As a high schooler, I think I treated it as a sort of “I get to/want to go to Arizona” and this year was “God wants me to go to Arizona.” 

It was also different having less people from my grade there and I didn’t spend any time with the HSMT’ers during the year so I felt a little out of place.

3. What did God teach/show you this year?
God showed me that He is sovereign.  I was there for a specific reason and He brought specific people to my small group. 

He also showed me more of the brokenness and struggle on the reservation and why they need the gospel.  I knew this before going on this years trip but God opened my eyes even further to all that’s going on. 

He also showed me how He is powerful and mighty.  This year I was more aware that small things going on, like discomfort or stress, were spiritual attacks.  As I prayed through all the little things and the big things, I saw that God was watching over me.