Flight supports collegiate students in their faith journey in God. It’s here to assist collegians fix their faith in Christ, grow in Christian community, and influence the world as Jesus did.

Contact Us

Email: flight@fcbc.org
Phone: (213) 687-0814
Address: 942 Yale Street,
Los Angeles, CA 90012
College Minister: Darren Lo
Facebook Group:
Instagram: @fcbc_flight

The Flight Crew

Darren Lo, Spencer Sun, Danny Orh, Kylie Liu, Bryan Guan, Hannah Wong, and Kayley Kong

Communicate to a Flight Crew member if there are Flight-related issues or concerns you wish to express.

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Lift Off! Lent Devotionals - Week 5


SACRIFICE - Week 5: 4/7 - 4/13
Lent is a time to identify with Jesus’ life, death, and resurrection. Each week you will go through a rhythm of looking to Christ, thinking about Christ, living like Christ, and worshipping Christ. Spend the week reading, reflecting, praying, and going to do likewise. Then come and celebrate together.

Look to Christ (Confession) Monday
Read John 10:11-15
Merciful God, will you renew my mind and correct my heart from my selfishness and self-centeredness. I confess and admit that I frequently seek what satisfies and benefits me, or gives me the upper hand over others. It’s easier for me to stand on the sidelines and keep my life safe and simple than to engage into what’s needed though it may be demanding. I walk away from what might be costly to me. Help me, Dead Lord, to surrender to God. Help me, Dead Lord, to be bold and willing to lay myself down for the sake of others. Help me, Dear Lord, to give up the values of this world but to take up the values of your kingdom. Amen.

Think about Christ (Contemplation) Tuesday
Read Mark 8:34-38
What good is it to gain the whole world and lose your life? There is a lot we hold as precious and are not willing to surrender to God, give away, or use for others: time, money, property and assets, people and relationships, health, education. The more we save, accumulate and horde all these things, the less we pursue the greater things of God. There’s no space for the spiritual things. God condemns idolatry. Jesus says one cannot serve God and mammon. Apart from the gospel, all is in vain and useless. Jesus calls us to deny ourselves, take up our cross, and follow him. This is what it means to follow Jesus. The way of Jesus is the way of sacrifice. We lose ourselves to gain Christ and the eternity promised to us.

Live as Christ (Commission) Wednesday - Saturday

  • Interrupt your day to serve or help someone in need.
  • Give up an issue or position you are holding in a relationship so there will be harmony.
  • Take up a difficult task for someone, sparing them the hardship. 
  • Is there surplus that you have that can benefit others? Draw limits in your financial accounts where everything above it goes to the needy or some charity. 
  • Have you surrendered your life to Lord Jesus so he may be master over it? 

Worship Christ: (Celebration) Sunday