Flight supports collegiate students in their faith journey in God. It’s here to assist collegians fix their faith in Christ, grow in Christian community, and influence the world as Jesus did.

Contact Us

Email: flight@fcbc.org
Phone: (213) 687-0814
Address: 942 Yale Street,
Los Angeles, CA 90012
College Minister: Darren Lo
Facebook Group:
Instagram: @fcbc_flight

The Flight Crew

Darren Lo, Spencer Sun, Danny Orh, Kylie Liu, Bryan Guan, Hannah Wong, and Kayley Kong

Communicate to a Flight Crew member if there are Flight-related issues or concerns you wish to express.

Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Lift Off! Lent Devotionals - Week 4


LAMENT - Week 4: 3/31 - 4/6
Lent is a time to identify with Jesus’ life, death, and resurrection. Each week you will go through a rhythm of looking to Christ, thinking about Christ, living like Christ, and worshipping Christ. Spend the week reading, reflecting, praying, and going to do likewise. Then come and celebrate together.

Look to Christ (Confession) Monday
Read Psalm 13
Lord, do not rebuke me in your anger or discipline me in your wrath. For your arrows have pierced me, and your hand has come down up me. My body wastes away because of my sins; my guilt overwhelms me; my shame drowns me. I confess my iniquity; I am troubled by my sins. Lord, do not forsake me; be not far from me, God. Grant my heart deep lament over my own sins and the sins of others against you and against me. Forgive my sin, and make me new, that I might have peace with you, peace with others, and peace within myself.

Think about Christ (Contemplation) Tuesday
Read Mark 13:1-37
To lament is to express grief and sorrow over something or someone. It is anguish and remorse for the present condition and the fallen state of people and this world. What are things to lament? The impact of sin in you and in the people around you. The evil in the world. Pain and physical illness. Injustice in the world. Death and the suffering from loss. But God-centered lament is accompanied with hope and assurance that God is sovereign and victorious. It is a sorrow and grief that is temporary and pales in comparison to the greater hope and glory to come. Lamenting is framed within the knowledge that Jesus has come, and he has conquered sin and death.

Live as Christ (Commission) Wednesday - Saturday

  • Consider how your own sin has resulted in bad consequences. 
  • Engage and learn about one or more of the following: refugees in Europe or SE Asia, human trafficking and modern slavery, the American opiate crisis, radical political ideologies. 
  • Fast and pray for the spiritually lost.
  • Take a drive to Skid Row. Pray for the condition of the people and the environment in which they live. 


Worship Christ: (Celebration) Sunday