Flight supports collegiate students in their faith journey in God. It’s here to assist collegians fix their faith in Christ, grow in Christian community, and influence the world as Jesus did.

Contact Us

Email: flight@fcbc.org
Phone: (213) 687-0814
Address: 942 Yale Street,
Los Angeles, CA 90012
College Minister: Darren Lo
Facebook Group:
Instagram: @fcbc_flight

The Flight Crew

Darren Lo, Spencer Sun, Danny Orh, Kylie Liu, Bryan Guan, Hannah Wong, and Kayley Kong

Communicate to a Flight Crew member if there are Flight-related issues or concerns you wish to express.

Friday, July 13, 2018

Thailand Missions (2018) "10 Takeaways"


In similar fashion, I've compiled a short list of things that impacted me, things I miss, and things that I've been challenged with since returning from Thailand. Here are the top 10:

10. The Food. I find myself missing Thai spicy soup noodles. I can't seem to get enough nor can I find anything similar in LA yet!

9. A/C everywhere. I can't believe how hot it is back at home. It's hotter than Thailand! And thinking back, I'm grateful for functioning, always-running air conditioning.

8. Quiet coffee shops. I miss the time each morning walking to a local hipster coffee place and just start the day with a cool drink, sit in a comfy chair, and spend some good time just reading, journaling, and thinking.

7. Walking. Yes. I miss it. But just the convenience of living near many walkable places of convenience. Everything seemed to be just a few blocks away--it was quite convenient.


6. Everyday ministry. Something about being intentional, focused, and available to people I'm meeting. Why can't I keep this mentality with everyone I'm meeting? Something I've been challenged with.

5. Exhaustion. Just like the above, it was good to feel a sense of accomplishment and fulfillment at the end of everyday. Knowing that my efforts were 'not in vain' I truly felt like we were running a race, as Paul describes, each and every day of missions. (Philippians 2:16)

4. Meaningful conversations. Whether with a team member, staff person, or someone I just met, I tried to leave with some sort of spiritual impression or thought for future follow-up. Also something I should keep doing back at home.

3. God's constant goodness. Not that this doesn't exist back at home, but being away in a new place, enduring difficult circumstances, and being reminded that this is what matters more than the situation was a great lesson to take away. Praise God with me for his consistent and constant goodness that He bestows on us.

2. Thai people. I had my reservations about opening up my heart to care for more people. But I truly felt God's heart and love for the people we've met along the way. I find myself praying for their salvation and hope in life. Would you join me?

1. God's unwavering and powerful love. Through Him, I can love abundantly. By His grace, I can love when difficult to love. From His perfect love, can I hope for those to experience it one day. Thank you God for your example of love and for experiencing this love first hand.


Thanks for reading and joining us on our mission!

-Darren