Flight supports collegiate students in their faith journey in God. It’s here to assist collegians fix their faith in Christ, grow in Christian community, and influence the world as Jesus did.

Contact Us

Email: flight@fcbc.org
Phone: (213) 687-0814
Address: 942 Yale Street,
Los Angeles, CA 90012
College Minister: Darren Lo
Facebook Group:
Instagram: @fcbc_flight

The Flight Crew

Darren Lo, Spencer Sun, Danny Orh, Kylie Liu, Bryan Guan, Hannah Wong, and Kayley Kong

Communicate to a Flight Crew member if there are Flight-related issues or concerns you wish to express.

Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Thailand Missions (2018) "Almost Home"


สวัสดี

Hi Everyone!

First of all, thank you so much for all your support and encouragements this past week and a half. It's been such a revealing week and I can't wait to share about it with all of you!

RECAP

Tuesday, July 3 
- Personal Devotion Time
- Group Devotion Time
- Lunch w/ the Centre Staff (Daniel)
- Full Day at The Centre (Games, English classes)
- Basketball at Chiang Mai University w/ students and staff
- Dinner + Dessert w/ the Centre Staff

Wednesday, July 4
- Personal Devotion Time
- Group Devotion Time
- Lunch + Prayer Meeting at The Centre
- Food Prep for 4th of July celebration + Join the Centre English classes + Games and Conversations          with students 
- 4th of July Celebration - BBQ + Testimony (Whitney) + Organized Rec



I can't believe that our missions trip in Chiang Mai is almost over. Tomorrow, July 5, is our last day at the Centre before flying back to California in the late afternoon. God has been so evident and good in this place and ministry, but for the sake of your time, I'll try to focus in on 1 highlight and struggle from the past 9 days

Highlight
Today, I was able to share my testimony with and pray for a Buddhist student who is currently studying English at the Centre. From Spirit led conversation about his work and travel transitioning to discussion of faith, he allowed me to talk about my past of anger and hatred turning to peace with my parents and family. God's divine appointment brought me to share with a student who had been struggling with his father, and he even allowed me to pray for peace in his predicament. He explained that he attended the Centre's local house church intermittently to learn about the teachings of Jesus Christ, and I pray that somehow the Spirit convicts him to give his life to God.   

Struggle
For 9 days I've wrestled with my need to recharge and my want to share my faith with students. Usually I need a lot of time with myself to regain strength of mind and keep my sanity, but during this trip there was a very noticeable dearth of private moments with my own thoughts and with God. However, through His provision and sustenance, I was able to push past and adapt, learning to take breaths of air in the small windows of time that arose (ex. car rides, walking from place to place). Although the intense interaction was a struggle for me, God is constant in my weakness and strengthened me in every circumstance. 

Anyway, we're coming home tomorrow! Keep following and look out for more post trip reflections.

In Service,
Jonny Lee